Ireland’s export economy has created a set of world class companies and a supporting eco-system of SMEs that in particular has created demand for internationally-orientated business graduates.
This Internationalisation course from Waterford Institute of Technology brings graduates to the cutting edge of the discipline by offering an international programme of study incorporating modules in international business negotiations, international strategy and international entrepreneurship. The programme aspires to produce graduates who make a critical contribution to the performance and success of international-oriented businesses.
Unique Features of the Programme
- Graduates will be uniquely equipped with a comprehensive range of skills in all major management and marketing processes (in international strategy, innovation and creativity, international marketing and digital marketing). A rigorously applied approach is taken on the programme, with mandatory engagement with live companies, in order to develop core specialist skills in international business and marketing practice and management.
- In light of the importance of developing good exposure for our students to international business environments, the MBSI programme is now offered as a Double Degree Masters progr amme which is part of a Joint Awarding Authority Agreement between WIT and QQI in Ireland and Brest Business School, France.
A key part of the programme is the collaboration that we maintain with a number of export companies, which act as ‘live’ cases for student engagement with the international business and strategy process. Students also work on integrated projects with commercial companies and start-up entrepreneurs in our business incubation centre (ArcLABS).
ArcLABS is a unique state-of- the-art Innovation Centre in WIT where there is a growing community of early stage companies and a base of over 200 highly skilled business and technology professionals. For example, a number of modules from the programme have practical in-company projects, where a commercial company is a client for consulting work.
Our extensive engagement with industry in Ireland and France ensures graduates have the required knowledge and practical skill-set for rapid employment in internationally-oriented companies. The majority of graduates choose to work in international companies with roles in banking, advertising and international marketing. However, many of our students have also gone on to excel in a range of careers such as human resource management and public relations.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- International Strategy
- International Entrepreneurship
- Contemporary Issues in Business
- International Business Negotiations
- Marketing & International Business
- Strategic Digital Marketing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Business Strategic Management Digital Marketing View 20 other Masters in Strategic Management in Ireland
- A H1 or 2H.1 overall award in a specialist business undergraduate degree or a general business undergraduate degree.
- Students from a non-business degree (example - BA in Hospitality Management) must have taken relevant business modules during one year of their studies.
- In some instances, graduates who have achieve a 2nd class honours grade 2 in the degrees listed above, and who can demonstrate a high level of performance in the business-related subjects, may be considered for the programme.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English, please see WIT’s English Language Requirements for details.
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA6750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6750 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Waterford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.