The Economics and Finance Stream programme offered by Waterford Institute of Technology is designed to provide graduates with the opportunity to enhance their specialist subject knowledge in Economics and Finance, experience innovative learning methods, explore opportunities arising from innovation and business development and acquire competencies to undertake both standard and specialised research.
Emphasis is placed on developing skills of critical thinking, analysis, debate, dealing with high levels of ambiguity and the simultaneous treatment of inter dependent decisions in a more complex environment. In summary, this facilitates in developing new mindsets and attitudes to prepare for the demands of the business environment.
Our programme was developed in response to demand from financial service companies for specialist graduates with advanced skills and knowledge in areas such as econometrics, financial derivatives, data analytics and advanced financial analysis and interpretation.
Graduates with Master of Business in Economics and Finance Stream from Waterford Institute of Technology will:
- expand their knowledge and skill-set whilst at the same time develop new mindsets and attitudes to prepare for the demands of the business environment.
- enhance their specialist subject knowledge, experience innovative learning methods and explore opportunities arising from innovation, entrepreneurship, and business development.
This programme has enabled our graduates to progress their careers both nationally and internationally primarily in the financial services sector but also in consulting and in academia. These include Barclays Capital (London), Accenture (London), UBS (London), Ulster Bank, State Street International, JP Morgan, Allied Irish Bank and Zurich Insurance Company. A graduate may also apply for further post graduate Level 10 studies, such as a PhD by Research in WIT or to other third level institutions, either nationally or internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Innovation Management & Design
- Corporate Financial Interpretation
- Financial Risk & Regulatory Management
- Financial Derivatives
- Applied Consultancy
- Business Simulation
- Monetary Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 54 other Masters in Finance in Ireland
- A H1 or 2.1 overall award in a strong specialist business/economics and finance undergraduate degree or a general business undergraduate degree with an economics and/or finance major/specialism.
- Students from a non-business degree (example – BA or a BSc) but with relevant economics/finance related modules may also be eligible.
- Graduates who have achieved a 2nd class honours grade 2 in the degrees listed above and who can demonstrate a high level of performance in the economics/finance related subjects may be considered.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English.
International11500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6250 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Waterford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.