The Business (Marketing Stream) course from Waterford Institute of Technology was developed in collaboration with key stakeholders such as the South East branch of the Marketing Institute of Ireland and partner companies from the region including Glanbia and Flahavans.
The course addresses a clear need for graduates skilled in the application of specialist marketing techniques. Graduates are equipped with the expertise to trade domestically and internationally, create and execute advertising campaigns, collect and analyse data relating to market opportunities, manage customer relationships, develop and execute digital marketing strategies, and participate in the viability testing and launch of new product concepts.
Graduates of the MBS (Marketing Stream) will possess a unique and valuable combination of an in-depth knowledge of marketing theory and of contemporary marketing practice, and an ability to apply this in a practice oriented environment. Modules such as Marketing Strategy, Business Seminars, Reputation Management, Business Simulation and Entrepreneurship and Innovation facilitate students in developing a keen critical awareness of core business concepts, as well as allowing them to specialise in developing skills in areas such as market research and development, branding , market strategy and international sales.
Emphasis is placed on integrating key theoretical developments with an ability to critically analyse and apply this theory in real situations.
- Business Simulation
- Research Methods
- Innovation Management & Design
- Contemporary Sales & Marketing Practice
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Strategic Digital Marketing
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Innovation Management Digital Marketing View 16 other Masters in Innovation Management in Ireland
- A H1 or 2.1 overall award in a strong specialist business marketing undergraduate degree or a general business undergraduate degree with a marketing major/specialism.
- Students from a non-business degree (example - BA in Hospitality Management) must have taken relevant business modules during one year of their studies and achieved a minimum grade of 60% in those subjects.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English, please see WIT’s English Language Requirements for details.
- If you wish to pursue the Master of Business (Marketing Stream) in a part time capacity please contact the programme director Dr. Paul Morrissey at email@example.com who will discuss this in more detail with you.
International11500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6250 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Waterford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.