Our graduates of the Mathematics program at Eastern Illinois University have been very successful in obtaining teaching jobs at community colleges or by following our program with a Ph.D. Elective courses allow specialized study in areas such as pure mathematics, applied mathematics and computer sciences.
The Mathematics Education Option, a predominantly summer program, is designed to strengthen the professional preparation of today's teachers. Two options are offered for this degree--one is at the secondary level and the other at the elementary/middle level. Many graduates of the program continue to teach, while others have become curriculum coordinators or mathematics supervisors. Students can tailor the program to teach dual-credit or AP courses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Teachers as Researchers in Mathematics Education
- Action Research in Mathematics Education
- Curriculum and Assessment in Mathematics Education
- Topics in Teaching Mathematics.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics View 3530 other Masters in Education in United States
- Grade Point Average(GPA): minimum 2.75 out of 4.0. Some graduate degrees have higher GPA requirements.
- Official Entrance Examinations (GRE, GMAT, MAT): Some degree programs require entrance examinations.
- Test of English Language (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
- A passport copy is required.
- Non-refundable application fee of $30.00 U.S. in the form of a check, certified check or money order made payable to Eastern Illinois University, application fee is valid for one year.
International743 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 743 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National743 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 743 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State309 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 309 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.