Students will gain skill sets to improve products and services through molecular, chemical, biological and analytical techniques while also being trained in the fundamental business strategies to succeed in the fast paced field of biotechnology and medical services.Students that complete the BCT program will (1) demonstrate an understanding of fundamental principles and applications of laboratory techniques and instrumentation, (2) be able to critically analyze a breadth of biochemical problems and experimental results, (3) be familiar with computer applications in biochemistry and biotechnology, (4) be able to properly utilize chemical information sources, (5) be able to apply the scientific method of investigation, and (6) be able to communicate technical material effectively.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Techniques in Biotechnology
- Cell Biology
- Advanced Biochemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biotechnology View 460 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Apply to The Graduate School by submitting an online application or by completing a paper application. Application requires a $30 non-refundable fee.
- Official transcripts should be mailed.
- If you received your undergraduate degree from EIU, we will be able to request your transcript from the Records Office.
- Some departments require a test score for admission. If the department requires a test score, have the score sent directly to The Graduate School (GMA, GRE).
- All graduate programs require applicants to submit additional application materials through MyEIU. Additional materials may include a portfolio, letters of recommendation, writing samples, etc.
International735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State306 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 306 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.