Established in 1974, this unique and award-winning Publishing program has earned several accolades for academic excellence and for the career success of its graduates.
- Be an integral part of the team that helps to shape the evolution of Canada's cultural and literary landscape
- Publish e-books
- Help build the careers of the next generation of writers in the publishing industry
- Take part in publishing the bi-yearly On the Danforth magazine
Your experience in the Publishing program is rounded out by an industry field placement at a book or magazine publisher in Toronto. During this time, you acquire critical working experience, industry knowledge and professional relationships as you initiate your new career.
A career in book, magazine or online publishing promises a world of innovation, stories and culture that integrates your creative, marketing and business skills.
- Editorial assistant
- Marketing coordinator
- Social media assistant
- Web editor
- Web developer
- Sales coordinator
- Copy editor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Writing for Publication
- Content Management and Production Process
- Elements of Publishing Design
- Copyright, Contracts and Permissions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International students: Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months before start for admission and Study Permit/Visa processing.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature Journalism View 15 other Masters in Creative Writing in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline
- We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education (minimum two years) and have relevant work experience
Attend a mandatory program admission session where applicants will:
- Complete an editing exercise
- Submit a portfolio of writing and a resumé
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14937 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14937 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4551 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4551 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.