- Web copywriting
- Technical writing
- Proposal writing
- Writing for social media
- Content marketing
- Presentations and speech writing
- Content management
- Information design and data visualization
- Digital storytelling
As a student of the Communications – Professional Writing program, you have the advantage of creating a diverse and professional portfolio that includes training modules, complex visual aids (such as infographics) and compelling layouts for many different print and virtual platforms (brochures, newsletters, websites and more). Thanks to your well-rounded training, you will be able to launch a writing career that can go the distance, taking on a variety of roles in both the profit and non-profit sectors.
- Technical writer
- Communications coordinator
- Social media officer
- Web copywriter
- Proposal writer
- Instructional designer
- Report writer/business analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Content Bootcamp
- Web Copywriting
- Visual Design and Layout
- Communications Strategy & Planning
- Technical Communications
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students: Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months before start for admission and Study Permit/Visa processing.
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Creative Writing Digital Communication View 15 other Masters in Communication Studies in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College diploma or university degree in any discipline
- We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education (minimum two years) and have relevant work experience
Attend a mandatory program admission session where applicants will:
- Submit a portfolio consisting of three writing samples completed in the last two years (applicants without a portfolio of work can complete a one-page user guide assignment to fulfill this requirement)
- Complete an in-person test comprised of:
- Editing of a passage for a specific audience
- Completion of a questionnaire
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15385 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15385 CAD per year during 12 months.
National4378 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4378 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.