This multidisciplinary two-semester post-graduate Script to Screen - Advanced Television and Film program at Centennial College will be especially beneficial for writers, directors, producers, editors, actors, and other film and television craftspeople who want to expand their industry knowledge.
The major focus of the first semester will be on creating, pitching, outlining, developing, drafting and polishing production-ready short film scripts. During the second semester, you'll have the opportunity to prepare, perform in, shoot and/or post a number of these productions.
Additionally, Advanced Television and Film - Script to Screen will see you deconstructing classic films, television shows and scripts of all genres. The program will also provide advanced instruction from industry professionals in your major and minor areas of craft interest, along with extensive employment information.
- Assistant director
- Trainee assistant director
- Personal assistant to the director
- Camera operator
- Assistant camera operator
- Lighting and grip department technician
- Lighting or grip assistant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Screenwriting (Short Film Development)
- Camera, Lighting and Sound
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students: Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months before start for admission and Study Permit/Visa processing.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 46 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline
- We will consider applicants with partial post-secondary education (minimum two years / 8 credits and in good academic standing) and relevant work experience
- A current resumé and a letter of intent that will be used as a basis of discussion on program expectations
- A portfolio of work. One of:
- a film produced or directed by the applicant
- an on-camera audition
- a writing sample, preferably a script
Attend a mandatory program admission session where applicants will submit:
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15385 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15385 CAD per year during 12 months.
National4599 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4599 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.