The International Development program offered by Centennial College will prepare you for jobs in Canadian and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) as well as United Nations (UN) agencies. The INTD certificate may also serve as an entry to a master’s degree in a relevant field.
If you previously earned a college diploma or university degree, you may be eligible to benefit from the unique courses in the three-semester college program.
Through a human rights-based approach to development, you'll examine the multiple dimensions of poverty, education for all, environmental protection, gender mainstreaming and corporate social responsibility. In the offering, you'll also gain knowledge and skills related to financial management, results-based management as well as the participatory approach in project design, implementation and evaluation.
Opportunities will be available to connect with international development organizations in Canada and globally. During summer, you may be able to travel abroad to experience the dynamic of development in the field and to further develop your areas of interest. You'll also participate in events in Canada to learn about the country's unique role and practices in the larger international development context.
- Project manager
- Project coordinator
- Monitoring and evaluation officer
- Corporate social responsibility officer
- Research officer
- Fieldwork facilitator
- Poverty, Inequality and Human Development
- Human Rights and Development
- Cross-cultural Communications
- Project Design and Proposal Writing
- Geopolitics of Trade and Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students: Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months before start for admission and Study Permit/Visa processing.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 19 other Masters in International Development in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- University degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline from a recognized institution
- We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or a partial university degree (75% complete), and who have a minimum of two years work experience relevant to the program (transcript and resume review required)
International23078 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23078 CAD per year during 12 months.
National6462 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6462 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.