American Studies from Pepperdine University provides students with an interdisciplinary study of U.S. culture including political science, history, literature, moral traditions, and elective courses.
Graduates with American Studies from Pepperdine University will be able to:
- Articulate and critique the history, themes, and major works of their field including issues related to ethnic, gender, and cultural diversity.
- Define, practice, and analyze the appropriate research and creative methodologies in their discipline.
- Produce and perform activities, presentations, projects, and portfolios that meet discipline-specific, academic, or professional standards.
- Demonstrate graduate-level competencies in their field either through the successful completion of a thesis, project, or comprehensive exam.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation to American Studies
- Directed Readings in American Studies
- Social History of the United States
- Contemporary American Ideologies
- American Moral Traditions
- Materials, Techniques, and Skills in Music
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History American Studies View 520 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Application and Application Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Academic Writing Sample
- All students whose native language is not English must submit scores on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
- Preference is given to students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
International26064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1810 USD per credit during 30 months.
National26064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1810 USD per credit during 30 months.
Living costs for Malibu Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.