Medical Laboratory Science programme is offered at at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
A. Advancement in Knowledge and Skill
- To develop specialists in their respective professional disciplines to enhance their career paths;
- To broaden students' exposure to health science and technology to enable them to cope with the ever-changing demands of work; and
- To provide a laboratory environment for testing problems encountered at work.
Students develop intellectually, professionally and personally while advancing their knowledge and skills in Medical Laboratory Science. The specific aims of this award are:
- To broaden and deepen students' knowledge and expertise in Medical Laboratory Science;
- To introduce students to advances in selected areas of diagnostic laboratory techniques;
- To develop in students an integrative and collaborative team approach to the investigation of common diseases;
- To foster an understanding of the management concepts that are relevant to clinical laboratories; and
- To develop students' skills in communication, critical analysis and problem solving.
B. Professional Development
- To develop students' ability in critical analysis and evaluation in their professional practices;
- To cultivate within healthcare professionals the qualities and attributes that are expected of them;
- To acquire a higher level of awareness and reflection within the profession and the healthcare industry to improve the quality of healthcare services; and
- To develop students' ability to assume a managerial level of practice.
- Integrated Medical Laboratory Science
- Advanced Topics in Health Technology
- Clinical Applications of Molecular Diagnostics in Healthcare
- Clinical Chemistry
- Haematology & Transfusion Science
- Histopathology & Cytology
- Medical Microbiology
- Molecular Technology in the Clinical Laboratory
- 12 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine View 16 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and/or in Hong Kong (SAR), please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- As for the Master's degree or Postgraduate Diploma, the basic requirement is a Bachelor's degree from an institution that is recognised by PolyU.
- Applications will be considered on the basis of the information (such as academic achievements, professional qualifications and work experience) provided in the application.
- You may be required to attend an interview and/or test.
- Departments will consider applications on a rolling basis until places are filled.
- Some programmes will receive applications in two rounds
International21780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 12 months.
- HK$5,500 per credit for local students
- HK$5,700 per credit for non-local students
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.