The Information Technology programme of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University provides the knowledge, support and guidance to students to continue lifelong learning and development. The objectives of the programme are listed below:
- To produce graduates with fundamental and advanced and specialised IT/computing knowledge, sound intellectual and practical skills, and critical thinking ability;
- To produce graduates who can think holistically and analytically, and apply IT/computing to solve problems, and to develop systems/applications both in a team or individually;
- To produce graduates with professional ethics, social responsibilities and all-round capabilities which can contribute to the society and the development of Hong Kong and China; and
- To produce graduates who can keep abreast of innovative, up-to-date and advanced technologies and will be able to engage in life-long independent learning.
Students can choose to study a MScIT degree with stream(s) or without stream if they fulfil the stream requirements:
- Stream in Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
- Stream in Artificial Intelligence and Financial Technology
This programme offers a range of subjects which are in line with the latest information technology development.
This programme serves as a bridging programme for those who may either have some or no previous academic computing experience. The programme is also suited for computing and computer science graduates who want to further advance their knowledge and professionalism in our specified streams.
Flexible modes of study, i.e., both full-time and part-time modes, are available.
Recognition & Prospects
The graduates are expected to be equipped for jobs such as consultants in Big Data, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Financial Technology, or IT managers, IT project officers and software engineers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
In general, each subject takes place once a week in the evening over a 13-week semester. Full-time students normally take four subjects in a semester, whereas part-time students usually take two subjects.
Students can choose to study a MScIT degree with stream(s) or without stream by taking the required subjects.
- Programme Core subjects: P-core
- Stream Core subjects: S-core
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology Artificial Intelligence View 13 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computing/Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, Engineering, or other Science disciplines.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in other disciplines who have at least five years significant IT relevant work experience will also be considered.
- If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by institutions where the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the University’s minimum English language requirement for admission purpose.
International14160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 708 USD per credit during 18 months.
National11840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 592 USD per credit during 18 months.
- HK$4,600 per credit for local students
- HK$5,500 per credit for non-local students
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.