Industry practice, International Tourism and Convention Management skills and research competencies are developed through interdisciplinary subject exposure, problem identification, decision-making theory and management application. Due to the global nature of the tourism and convention industry, this programme maintains an international focus while recognising the Asian context. The programme is offered by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Students receive a flexible, global, managerial and service-oriented education, which enables them to effectively link business theories to the daily management of international tourism and convention businesses. To best facilitate the learning process, this programme combines practical applications with theoretical learning. Students gain the understanding, skills and latest techniques that are needed to qualify for middle to senior level positions in the industry.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Meetings and Exhibition Management
- Convention Tourism
- Strategic Management for Travel and Tourism Businesses
- Tourism Policy and Development
- Consultancy Project
- Research Project
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 19 for PgD
- Initial Registration Credits - 3
DisciplinesProject Management Tourism & Leisure View 10 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree in the areas of hotel and tourism management, recreation and leisure management, business studies, management, accounting and finance or another business and management related area with industry work experience of not less than one year; OR
- A Bachelor's degree in an area other than those listed above, with current or past employment in the hotel and tourism industry for not less than one year;OR
- Equivalent professional qualifications may also be considered.
- Applications will be considered on the basis of the information (such as academic achievements, professional qualifications and work experience) provided in the application.
- You may be required to attend an interview and/or test.
- Departments will consider applications on a rolling basis until places are filled.
- Some programmes will receive applications in two rounds
International14479 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21719 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National14479 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21719 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
- HK$170,500 per MSc programme
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.