An advanced Nursing - BSN to MSN degree opens many rewarding career options for RNs. We offer at the Western University of Health Sciences three tracks:
- Health Systems Leadership-Administrative Nurse Leader - This program prepares you with the latest knowledge and applied skills to be an effective administrative leader advancing better care, better health, and lower costs. Today’s health care systems require nurse leaders who can integrate experience, knowledge, research and technology to effectively lead at the unit, clinic or departmental level.
- Health Systems Leadership - Clinical Nurse Leader - This program prepares you as an advanced generalist at the point of care. The CNL is prepared to lead patient safety and quality improvement, evidence-based practice, risk reduction, and care coordination. The CNL works with interprofessional teams caring for a variety of patient populations in all practice settings.
- Ambulatory Care Nursing - This program prepares you in obtaining advanced clinical and leadership skills in primary ambulatory care or out-patient health care settings. The Ambulatory Care Nurse (ACN) coordinates care for a distinctive group of patients as well as actively engaging indirect patient care including telephonic triage. The ACN evaluates patient outcomes, assesses risk, and provides patient and staff education.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Health Systems
- Nursing Theory
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Nursing Informatics
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1578 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from a nationally accredited program. Bachelor’s degrees in related fields will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for Overall and last 60 semester or 90 quarter units
- Completion of a Statistics course (min 3 semester units) with a grade of “C” or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Registered Nurse (RN) active and unencumbered licensure in the state where your preceptored clinical hours will be completed
- One-year (1800 hours) of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) preferred
- Access to a computer meeting minimum technical standards
- International applicants or any other applicants who are not U.S. citizens and who are living in the U.S. should be prepared to provide proof of legal U.S. residency at the time of interview.
- TOEFL scores
- Proof Of Legal U.S. Residency – If Required
International18216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18216 USD per year during 24 months.
National18216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18216 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pomona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.