Recent advances in pharmaceutical science make pharmaceutical research a rewarding career for people interested in improving lives through the discovery, development, and manufacture of new pharmaceutical products.
The Pharmaceutical Sciences program of the Western University of Health Sciences will provide you with a strong research focus and the training and skills you need for a career in academia, the pharmaceutical industry, or public/private research institutions.
Some of our alumni have joined internationally recognized biomedical research institutes such as the City of Hope where they are contributing to revolutionary translational research programs. Others have gone on to enter PhD and medical professional programs throughout the United States.
Our graduates are sought after by the pharmaceutical industry in both small and large biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
Why Choose WesternU?
Ours is a nationally recognized program that offers:
- Tuition waivers and stipends in the form of teaching and research assistantships (awarded on a competitive basis)
- Federally funded research programs
- Outstanding job placements
- Well-equipped labs
- Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources
- Warm and friendly environment
- Nationally and internationally acclaimed college faculty
- Full accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- Small classes of 11 or fewer students
- Student-centered learning
- Long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources
- Diverse student body and rich array of student clubs and volunteer opportunities
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Biomedical Ethics
- Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics & Pharmacogenomics
- Pharmaceutics & Nanotechnology
- Leadership Skills
- Chemistry of Cosmetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Human Medicine Pharmacy View 778 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology or related scientific area
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- General Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – If Required
- Proof of legal US residency – If Required
International15480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15480 USD per year during 24 months.
National15480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15480 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pomona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.