Our multidisciplinary programme for experienced professionals advances students' knowledge in their chosen specialist areas and expands their general perspectives of geomatics.
The MSc in Geomatics provides a great platform for obtaining both theoretical knowledge and practical opportunities. The outstanding teachers and well-organized courses guide students to establish good study and research habits, together with a deep understanding of cutting-edge technology for land surveying and geo-informatics, especially the newly developed techniques applied in Hong Kong. The dissertation also offers a valuable opportunity for students to conduct individual research on a particular subject under the guidance of teachers. The seminars and lectures given by professors and guest speakers expand students’ horizons and provide plentiful opportunities for communicating with them face to face.
- Satellite Positioning & Navigation
- Advanced Surveying
- Principles of Geographic Information Systems
- Spatial Data Acquisition
- Spatial Data Analysis & Mining
- Remote Sensing Image Processing
- 12 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
21 for PgD
DisciplinesSociology View 13 other Masters in Sociology in Hong Kong (SAR)
- A Bachelor's degree with Honours in engineering, science or technology;OR
- A Bachelor's degree with Honours in other relevant disciplines [such as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Geography]^;OR
- A professional qualification plus relevant work experience related to Surveying or Geographic Information Systems (GIS)^.
International643 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 643 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National579 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 579 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- HK$4,500 per credit for local students
- HK$5,000 per credit for non-local students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.