The Health Social Sciences program of Mahidol University has scholarships available for candidates from Lao and Cambodia.
Through this integration, Health Social Science widens the base of knowledge available to students and expands the potential for areas of research. Contextually, Health Social Science places the theories and concepts of mainstream health sciences into situations that require application, correlation and extrapolation for the benefit of society.
Health, diseases, health-systems, migration, gender, ethnicity, economics, disasters and social determinants of health are viewed as intrinsically intertwined and having an interdependent relationship in Health Social Science. As such, Health Social Sciences combines the scientific rigors of the social sciences with real-world experience of health issues that are pertinent to communities and the marginalized to create skilled social sciences and health professionals who are capable of exponential analysis and application.
Society requires not only the development of medical science, but the utilization of these advancements for the betterment of society. The Health Social Science professional is able to bridge the gap that exists in all societies between this development and utilization to innovate, create and implement policy and advocate for the needs of the marginalized. Additionally, Health Social Sciences professionals are trained to be equipped with skills in social sciences research methodology that is geared towards meeting the health needs of various marginalized populations
Job Options after Graduation
- Academics in Health Social Sciences
- Health Social Sciences Researcher in higher education institutions
- Researchers, analysts and health policy assessors
- Academics, researchers, institutions and organizations In social and health development, public or private
- Health Social Science Theories
- Application of Health Social Science Knowledge
- Social Science Research In Health
- Seminar in Health Social Sciences
- Social Science of Reproductive Health and Population Policy
- Globalization and Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 28 other Masters in Health Sciences in Thailand
- Degree Certificate (English Translated)
- Academic Transcript (English Translated)
- Photo (jpeg format)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Health Certificate
- Recommendation Letters (to request via online admission system)
- Additional documents: e.g. Statement of Purpose, Letter of Work Experience, Professional License, Publications, Scholarship Letter, Research Proposal, Concept Paper, etc.
- English Proficiency Score Report (directly sent by the test center)
International4446 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 247 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- per credit: 9,000 BAHT
Living costs for Bangkok
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.