The degree of choice for professionals in anthropology and historical archaeology, an M.A. is required for professional positions in government and private firms. The primary objectives of our Masters program are to prepare graduates to begin successful working careers and to enter doctoral programs.
We have 80+ active graduate students, and we are growing! Student-centered research is our specialty, and we have continuous opportunities for students' professional development in the Anthropology Department and Archaeology Institute. 90% of our Masters graduates are employed in their field or are accepted into doctorate programs.
The graduate specialization in Anthropology focuses on providing students with more general graduate-level coursework in all three anthropological subfields offered at UWF, including a minimum of two courses each in biological anthropology, cultural anthropology, and archaeology. In addition, research design and a proseminar are required, along with three unspecified electives and a 3-hour minimum of enrolled thesis research. This track is appropriate for students who plan to pursue careers or further graduate studies in archaeology, biological anthropology, or cultural anthropology, including archaeology students who seek more general anthropological coursework than is available in the Historical Archaeology specialization.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Archaeological Field Survey
- Archaeological Field Survey
- Nautical Archaeology Seminar
- Pre-Columbian Archaeology Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesAnthropology View 168 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
- An earned bachelor's degree from an institution that is fully accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Be in good standing at all previous institutions of higher learning.
- A score on a nationally standardized graduate admissions test, such as the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or an equivalent that is acceptable for the program to which the student is applying.
- Approval by the department offering the degree to which the applicant is applying.
International1029 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1029 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National463 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 463 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State369 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 369 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.