The Visual Studies M.F.A. from Norfolk State University is professional terminal degree in studio art, usually completed in two and a half years. It is not a media specific studio program.
- This structure allows students the flexibility to explore and develop new working methods without the constraints of a media driven major.
- Students have the flexibility to explore and develop new working methods without the constraints of a media driven major.
- At the end of the first year of study (30 semester hours), a Candidacy Review is conducted by the student’s three person committee.
- The committee evaluates the student’s progress and potential for further development, and then determines whether or not the student continues in the program as a candidate for the degree.
- Study for the M.F.A. candidate culminates in public solo graduate exhibition, comprehensive written thesis, and oral defense of the candidate’s work.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 758 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts sent to the School of Graduate Studies and Research. (Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded into the application portal.)
- Three letters of recommendation and a personal statement expounding on the applicant’s interest in the field of study.
International25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25502 USD per year during 12 months.
National25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25502 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12690 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.