Business Analytics degree offered at Lancaster University involves generating relevant business insights using data-driven methodologies and tools. Our programme is one of the few to teach the entire Business Analytics life cycle, covering Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive analytics.
We have excellent partnerships with industry business analytics practitioners. We constantly update this programme to reflect the dynamically changing landscape of business analytics. We place a very high emphasis on creating graduates with skills that are valuable in the job market. For example, you will experience a real-life analytics project as part of your course.
Lancaster is a pioneer of analytics in UK and Europe. We were one of the first universities in the UK to establish an Operational Research department, which developed into Business Analytics. More than 50 years on, we are still at the forefront of applying analytics to business in teaching and research.
Our academics are leaders in fields such as forecasting, optimisation, simulation and stochastic modelling. You will learn technical aspects like machine learning and data mining. We also have domain expertise like logistics and supply chain analytics, healthcare analytics, sports analytics, network analytics, marketing and pricing analytics.
Our graduates become business analysts, data scientists, analytics engineers and logistics consultants, and some also go into academic research. Many students get job offers whilst still studying.
- Analytics in Practice
- Data Sourcing, Handling and Programming
- Forecasting and Predictive Analytics
- Operational Research and Prescriptive Analytics
- Statistics and Descriptive Analytics
- Intelligent Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Marketing Analytics
- Operations and Supply Chain Excellence
- Optimisation and Heuristics
- Simulation and Stochastic Modelling
- Transportation and Logistics Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMarketing Management Studies Statistics View 214 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
- 2:1 Hons degree (UK or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics and/or Statistics, including Science and Engineering. Business and Management degrees with a strong quantitative component would also be considered.
- Work experience in a related field would be welcome, but it is not essential.
International25360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25360 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.