Enrollees in these programs gain specific knowledge and techniques related to the education and welfare of a segment of the population that experiences disabilities due to clinical/medical conditions.
- This Special Education program at Norfolk State University requires a minimum of thirty-nine (39) credit hours for completion.
- Its design is to enhance knowledge, skills and performance in accordance with current “best practices” in the treatment of the total individual with disabilities.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Growth and Development
- Foundations of Education
- Language and Developmental Reading
- Foundations of Special Education: Legal and Ethical Aspects of Educating Exceptional Learners
- Reading and Literacy Instruction for Exceptional Learners
- Managing Human Behaviors
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education Counselling Teaching View 1987 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Application to Norfolk State University
- Non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended.
- A personal statement regarding professional goals.
- Current resume
- Three (3) recent letters of recommendation (e.g. supervisor, former professor, and advisor) dated within the last year.
International25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25502 USD per year during 12 months.
National25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25502 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12690 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.