The Special Education Rehabilitation Counseling program at Norfolk State University provides undergraduate and graduate programs for students seeking preparation to work with young children in the community, agencies, and preK-12 school settings.
The goal of the teacher education programs is to prepare competent, compassionate, collaborative, and committed leaders. The teacher education programs are approved by the Virginia Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The early childhood, elementary, and special education programs provide instruction, field experiences, and clinical practices that develop excellence in teaching and skills to serve diversified populations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Special Education: Characteristics, Legal, and Ethical Aspects
- Assessment and Evaluetion
- Research Methods in Special Education
- Managing Human Behavior
- Urban Counseling and Psychotheraphy
- Guidance and Counseling in Rehabilitation
- Case work and Rehabilitation Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 653 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Before applying, applicants should read How to Apply in detail. Applicants can apply online.
- If you choose to apply online, please mail supplemental documents addressed to the appropriate office.
- University level proficiency in English is required at Norfolk State University. All applicants whose native language is not English (including non-matriculating students) must submit proof of English language proficiency.
International25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25502 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25502 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12690 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.