Special Education students at Norfolk State University from any discipline who wish to increase their competence in serving persons in special education programs may earn a Master of Arts Degree in Special Education.
Admission requirements are consistent with those of the Graduate Council of Norfolk State University and the admissions committee of the Department.
Admission requirements are consistent with those of the Graduate Council of Norfolk State University and the admissions committee of the Department. Students must have passing scores on PRAXIS Core Academic Skills for Educators (or equivalent) before taking more than nine credit hours. Students must pass the RVE and VCLA to be approved for student teaching.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Special Education: Legal & Ethical Aspects of Educating Exceptional Learners
- Foundation of Education
- Assessment and Evolution
- Research Methods in Special Education
- Managing Human Behaviors
- Physical and Occupational Therapy Procedures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 651 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Before applying, applicants should read How to Apply in detail. Applicants can apply online.
- If you choose to apply online, please mail supplemental documents addressed to the appropriate office.
- University level proficiency in English is required at Norfolk State University. All applicants whose native language is not English (including non-matriculating students) must submit proof of English language proficiency.
International25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25502 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25502 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12690 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.