General competences achieved through the programme:
- the understanding and application of curriculum theory and basic didactical knowledge;
- the ability to analysis and synthesis solutions and professional outlook and teaching problems;
- integration of interdisciplinary content;
- the ability to apply knowledge in practice for solving various problems;
- the ability to encourage creative thinking of the pupils;
- the ability to research approach and focus on problem solving and responsible guidance of its own professional development in lifelong learning;
- the ability to creative and autonomous operation;
- knowledge and understanding of the legality of development, differences and needs of individuals;
- knowledge and understanding of diversity and multiculturalism, consideration of non-discrimination at work;
- qualification for the research approach;
- the capacity to use ICT for teaching and other professional work and development of information literacy at students;
- the ability to peer dialogue, international cooperation and the creation of project management;
- the capacity for reflection and evaluation of the results of their work;
- good knowledge of his profession, and regulations governing the operation of schools; and
- using previously acquired theoretical knowledge in practical situations.
- knowledge and application of established technical terminology;
- professionally mastered the curriculum, content and concepts of higher education, secondary, vocational and technical content of all primary school subjects to create such learning conditions, which allows students to build knowledge of quality (durability, portability, integrity);
- the sovereign control of specific organizational forms of teaching technical subjects: the creation of project days, mentoring in research tasks, cross-curricular planning and implementation of instruction, research;
- in-depth knowledge of modeling and design;
- knowledge and use of modern numerical procedures for the design of machine parts and structures;
- knowledge and use of conventional and modern materials in the design and manufacture of products;
- knowledge and use of conventional and modern processing technologies (CAM, CIM, CQM, robotics, etc.);
- knowledge and application of methods for programming modern computer aided machinery and equipment;
- knowledge and use of modern design methods, processes and systems;
- knowledge and use of calculations, financial calculations, and financial analysis in the design of products; and
- organization and conduct training.
Year 1: 1st Semester
- Didactics of Technology Education I (7)
- Drawing in Technology Documentation (7)
- Robotics in Engineering (6)
- Pedagogy (4)
- Psychology of Development and Learning (6)
Year 1: 2nd Semester
- Advanced Technologies of Materials and Manufacturing (6)
- Teaching Practicum (5)
- Pedagogical Practice for Technical Education I (8)
- Drives (7)
- Didactics (4)
Year 2: 3rd Semester
- Didactics of Technology Education II (6)
- Electrical Engineering in Energetics and Technology (6)
- Engineers Pedagogy (6)
- Computer Maintenance (6)
- Elective course 1 (3)
- Elective didactical course 1 (3)
Year 2: 4th Semester
- Pedagogical Practice for Technical Education II (8)
- Elective course 2 (3)
- Elective didactical course 2 (3)
- Master’s Thesis (16)
- Computer-Based Measurement Systems (3)
- Modelling and Identification (3)
- Energetics and Environment (3)
- Basics of Structural Programming (3)
- Strategies and Methods of Maintenance (3)
- Modern Methods of Engineering Design (3)
Elective didactical courses:
- Fundamental School Ergonomics (3)
- Ethics (3)
- Philosophy of Science (3)
- Communication and the Team Work (3)
- Scientific Writing (3)
- Rhetoric and Public Appearance (3)
- Learning Strategies (3)
- Selected Topics in School Discipline (3)
- Psychology for Teachers (3)
- Information Management in Education (3)
- Web Services in Education (3)
- Composing E-Materials (3)
- E-Education in Education of Engineering (3)
- Communication in Education (3)
- Working with Children with Special Needs (3)
More informationVisit official programme website
Detailed programme structure is available under "Overview".
- 24 months
- 60 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Candidates apply in 2 application periods. However, in the 2nd, they may apply only for programmes still having vacancies that the faculty decides to fill.
DisciplinesEducation Design Teaching View 6 other Masters in Education in Slovenia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Please find detailed admission requirements at the following link: https://www.um.si/studij/podiplomski-studij/Documents/FNM_EN_20-21.pdf (pages 4-5).
The Call for Application into Postgraduate Study Programmes of the University of Maribor for the 2020/2021 Academic Year is available at https://www.um.si/en/Study/about/Pages/call-for-enrolment-postgraduate-2020-21.aspx.
International2330 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2330 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National2330 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2330 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
You may find scholarship opportunities offered by the Public Scholarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the RS at the following website: http://www.sklad-kadri.si/en/calls-for-applications-and-news/calls-for-applications/.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.