The Orthodontics program of Mahidol University strives to provide a full range of comprehensive clinical experiences including application of new technology and innovations in orthodontic practice. Graduate students participate in the diagnosis and treatment of skeletal and orthodontic problems in deciduous and mixed dentition, as well as in a multidisciplinary approach of complex adult cases. The curriculum offers extensive didactic clinical and research experiences aiming to promote critical thinking and evidence-based orthodontics.
The curriculum consists of subjects with direct application in modern orthodontic practice. Examples of such subjects are craniofacial growth and development, diagnosis, treatment planning, cephalometrics, biomechanics, orthodontic treatment technics and dentofacial orthopedics, Invisalign, surgical orthodontics, TMJ function and dysfunction, craniofacial anomalies and dental sleep medicine. Concurrently, graduate students regularly attend various seminars and take part in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with oral clefts, craniofacial anomalies, and obstructive sleep apnea.
Although the majority of research activities concentrating in orthodontics, research opportunities in the fields of biomedical sciences, oral biology, or epidemiology are possible. These experiences will enable graduates of the program to become highly competent orthodontists according to World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO) standard.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Our graduates will receive the two offered degrees which are M.Sc. and Higher Grad. Dip. in Orthodontics.
- This program combines task-specific orthodontic practice and a comprehensive dental approach to promote graduates to pursue the degree in postgraduate education both nationally and internationally.
- Our dental school is located in the dental hospital, so students can have access to our world class clinical and educational facilities.
- Our orthodontic clinic is assigned as the “International Excellent Center for Interdisciplinary Treatment of Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea” and the “International Excellent Center for Interdisciplinary Treatment of Craniofacial Anomalies”, to our students can be fully equipped with a variety of treatment experiences.
- As the tertiary care, students will experience advanced orthodontic treatment procedures in complicated orthodontic cases, including craniofacial anomalies, orthognathic surgery, syndromes, and medical compromise.
- Full financial supports are provided to students for international externship to gain international experiences and global perspectives from renown institutions in other countries.
- There is an annual academic meeting conducted by our department where our students can attend without charges.
- We have research collaboration with academic staff and researchers in other fields (both inside and outside the university), where our students can gain benefits from a variety of research facilities.
- Our students are encouraged and prepared to sit in an examination for Diplomate Thai Board of Orthodontics and Membership in Orthodontics (MOrth) of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Job Option after Graduation
- Orthodontist with competent in orthodontic skills
- Researcher with skills and competence in orthodontics
- Seminar in Growth
- Seminar in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Seminar in Biomechanics
- Seminar in Orthognathic Surgery
- Seminar in Orthodontic Finishing
- Orthodontic Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Dentistry View 26 other Masters in Human Medicine in Thailand
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Mahidol University and/or in Thailand, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Degree Certificate (English Translated)
- Applicants must have at least one year of working experience as a licensed dentist prior to the application deadline
- Applicants must graduate from dental school with a D.D.S., D.M.D. or equivalent degree which is accredited by the Office of the Education Commission
- Academic Transcript (English Translated)
- Photo (jpeg format)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Health Certificate
- Recommendation Letters (to request via online admission system)
- Additional documents: e.g. Statement of Purpose, Letter of Work Experience, Professional License, Publications, Scholarship Letter, Research Proposal, Concept Paper, etc.
- English Proficiency Score Report (directly sent by the test center)
International5681 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 247 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- per credit: 9,000 Baht
Living costs for Bangkok
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.