Medical Informatics students at State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn are taught to work as members of the health-care team and to interact with health providers, technologists, and administrators to maximize medical data management. Students also learn the use of new technologies in communication and information management, including telecommunication, medical imaging systems, and digital libraries.
- Medical Decision Support Systems
- Information Retrieval & Digital Libraries
- Medical Imaging Systems
- Independent Study
- Clinical Internship in Medical Informatics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Informatics View 166 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
- A baccalaureate degree in any discipline from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- You must submit two letters of recommendation. SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University has moved toward exclusive use of electronic
- recommendation submissions. Your recommenders must be a professional colleague who can comment on your potential for success in this program, or a Current/former College/University Professor or an employer/supervisor. Please visit the application instructions to learn more about the letter of recommendation requirements.
- A minimum, cumulative undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.