The program is characterized by flexibility and as such, courses and labs are offered at alternative times and in a variety of formats, including face-to-face, hybrid and online. The thesis option includes a minimum of 30 graduate credit hours including at least 24 hours within the college, 18 of which must be in a single area or discipline. Three hours each of thesis research and thesis writing are taken above the 18 hour requirement in discipline. Students are required to successfully complete a comprehensive examination (written, oral, or a combination of the two methods) based on their area(s) of study and to defend the thesis. The non-thesis option requires a minimum of 36 graduate credit hours, including at least 24 hours within the college, exactly 18 of which must be in a single discipline. A maximum of 12 graduate credit hours may be in an area external to the College of Sciences and Mathematics (CoSM).
The mission of the Institutional Accreditation Office (IAO) is to provide coordination and support to all units of the University in the continuing effort to demonstrate compliance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accreditation requirements
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Statistics I
- Mathematical Statistics II
- Numerical Methods in Differential Equations
- General Topology
- Abstract Algebra I
- Abstract Algebra II
- Complex Variables I
- Complex Variables II
- Linear Algebra
- Structure of the Real Number System
- Real Variables I
- Real Variables II
- Statistical Analysis I
- Statistical Analysis II
- Advanced Topics in Mathematics or Statistics
- Advanced Topics in Mathematics
- Topics in Advanced Calculus
- Logic and Proof
- Geometry Past and Present
- Survey of Mathematics I
- Probability Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences View 109 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
- Undergraduate Degree with 2.5 GPA overall, 3.0 GPA in major
- At least a 79 on the TOEFL, 6.5 on the IELTS, or 53 on the PTE.
- Have your official GRE/GMAT scores sent to SFA (Once you have applied, you will be notified of the requirement for your chosen program)
- students for whom English is a second language require a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) or 213 (computer) or 80 (Internet) or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
International22866 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22866 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National22866 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22866 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State10288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10288 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.