Through rigorous coursework and real-world training, you'll become a problem solver, critical thinker and effective collaborator, working to help children and youth thrive behaviorally, emotionally and academically.
Education Specialist courses at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire are taught by expert faculty and licensed school psychologists, as well as those who have backgrounds in clinical psychology, counseling psychology and applied behavior analysis.
To support your professional development and cultural competence, our all-encompassing degree provides a sequence of field experiences. During the program, you'll gain real-world, professional experience by participating in a multicultural practicum, providing school psychological services in culturally diverse settings such as the Lac Du Flambeau Indian Reservation or the Milwaukee Public School District.
School-based practica will give you invaluable experience with placements in both rural and urban school settings. And while working as a graduate clinician in the Human Development Center, you'll gain critical interprofessional collaboration skills.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Multicultural Practicum in School Psychology
- Applications of Psychology in Educational Settings
- Practicum: Clinical Settings
- Evidence-based Intervention in School Psychology
- Practicum: School Psychology
- Social Foundations: Human Relations
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 1182 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Three letters of reference, preferably from faculty. One employer may be substituted for a faculty member. Letters of recommendation should address experiences that demonstrate a readiness for graduate level academic work; communication skills (oral and written); maturity, independence and ability to work with others; ability to work with children and youth; and interest and motivation for pursuing a career in school psychology. Please have your references send letters of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official transcripts from each institution where a degree was obtained (except UW-Eau Claire). Transcripts also are required from any institution where graduate coursework was completed that may be considered for transfer. Transcripts should be mailed directly to the Admissions Office.
- Admission requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
International21580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1079 USD per credit during 36 months.
National21580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1079 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State10440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 522 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Eau Claire
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.