The program, with a concentration in TESOL, is designed for graduate students who are interested in becoming prepared to teach English learners in Pre-K through 12 classrooms as well as adult education settings. Graduate students who complete the 18 credit hour endorsement in ESL and/or Bilingual Education may choose to continue their education toward a Master of Arts degree.
The endorsement in ESL and/or Bilingual Education can be added to a current teaching license. Graduate students who are interested in obtaining an M.A. in Education, with a concentration in TESOL, are not required to be licensed teachers and will gain the preparation needed for teaching English in community settings, both in the U.S. and abroad. Completing the M.A. does not grant state licensure.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Foundations of Teaching ESL and Bilingual Education
- Methods and Materials for Teaching English as a Second Language
- Cross-Cultural Studies in a Bilingual Program
- Methods of Teaching English in a Bilingual Program
- Linguistics for Educators
- Assessment of Bilingual Students
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3481 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Graduate Student application (no application fee)
- Copy of passport (both the identification and expiration pages)
- One set of official transcripts from any/all U.S. colleges/universities attended, if applicable
- Official, course-by-course transcript evaluation of all colleges/universities attended outside the U.S. for both undergraduate and graduate level coursework (if applicable)
- Official results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
International575 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 575 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National575 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 575 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State575 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 575 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.