The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certificate at Saint Xavier University also prepares you to teach abroad in language schools and private schools as well as to apply for programs such as the Fulbright English Teacher Assistant program, Peace Corps and similar agencies.
- Effective teaching practices for English learners
- The linguistic and cultural assets of multilingual/multicultural students
- The differences among teaching adults, youth and children
- Teaching through a lens of social justice and with an ethic of care
- Language structure
- Cultural humility and reflectiveness
- Theoretical Foundations of Teaching ESL and Bilingual Education
- Methods and Materials for Teaching English as a Second Language
- Cross-Cultural Studies in a Bilingual Program
- Methods of Teaching English in a Bilingual Program
- Linguistics for Educators
- Assessment of Bilingual Students
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching English View 122 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- A completed Graduate Student Application for Master of Applied Computer Science. After submitting an application, you will receive an automated confirmation email within 24 hours (check your spam).
- Personal statement. In approximately 300-400 words, please address: (1) how you developed an interest in computer technology, (2) your computer background and proficiency, (3) the skills and experience you would bring to the program, (4) your expectations of the program and (5) your personal and professional goals and how this program meets them.
- Two professional recommendation letters. Current SXU students and alumni are not required to submit recommendation letters.
- Official transcript(s) from the applicant's bachelor's degree granting institution(s), and from any/all institution(s) at which graduate-level coursework was completed.
International8625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 575 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 575 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.