For students who are looking for an intensive music conservatory experience paired with the rich musical and cultural experiences provided by living in a major city, the CCPA Woodwind Program will prepare help prepare students for a successful career in music. CCPA's emphasis on entrepreneurial activities also prepares students for multiple career opportunities after graduation.
Chamber music and ensemble studies are integrated into the curriculum, giving students regular opportunities to collaborate with students and faculty of other instruments. Students in the woodwind program also participate in regularly schedule Woodwind Performance Classes. These performance class exists to offer students a performance opportunity with feedback from the attending instructor. Musicianship: Students will enhance their musicianship by learning and developing performance skills on their instrument. The Woodwind Performance program is offered at the Roosevelt University.
- Study and performance of standard repertory encompassing all stylistic periods
- Systematic development of technical skills
- Development of collaborative and practical skills
- Musicianship: Students will enhance their musicianship by learning and developing performance skills on their instrument.
- Pedagogy: Students will be able to observe master teachers and learn pedagogical techniques for teaching students.
- Students will be able to learn and perform in a cooperative-learning environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Study and Performance of Orchestral Repertoire
- Orchestral Audition Workshop
- Orchestral Seminar
- Style and Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 307 other Masters in Music History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Flute - All applicants will be required to sight read. A technical etude, the first movement exposition of the Mozart Flute Concerto in G-Major, and an entire sonata or concerto. In addition, applicants must prepare the following orchestral excerpts:
- Mendelssohn Scherzo from A Midsummer Night's Dream - 2 measures before P to the end
- Beethoven Leonore Overture No. 3 - measures 328-360
- Brahms Symphony No. 4 - Last movement - measures 93-105
- Debussy Afternoon of a Faun - measures 1-4
International39552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39552 USD per year during 24 months.
National39552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39552 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.