The mission of the Department of Computational Data Science and Engineering from North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University is to graduate professionals who (a) have expertise in developing novel computational methodologies and products, and/or (b) have extended their expertise in specific disciplines (in science, technology, engineering, and socioeconomics) with computational tools.
Research in Computational Data Science and Engineering includes: big data and computational statistics, AI and Machine Learning, internet of things, large and complex systems, intelligent transportation and infrastructure systems, remote sensing, autonomous vehicles, virtual and augmented reality, e-commerce, image and video processing, scientific and interactive visualization, high-performance computing, scalable algorithms, bioinformatics, and multi-scale multi-physics engineering systems.
The MS program offers its students various options:
- A Course-Only option designed to help students who want to graduate in one year.
- A Systems-Engineering concentration under the Course-Only Option designed for students and professionals who would like to hone systems-level thinking in addition to acquiring important computational skills
- A Project Option designed to give students a wide range of computational and data science and engineering skills and to enable them to graduate in 1 or 1.5 years.
- A Thesis Option designed to give students computational skills as well as research skills on tackling open-ended problems.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 1058 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- An approved Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required. A working knowledge of statistics, matrices, or linear algebra, and experience in programming are desirable.
- Online application for admission to the Graduate College.
- Recommendations: Three recommendations are expected.
- Personal statement of interest in the program, as required.
- English language proficiency: International applicants are required to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
International17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8772 USD per semester during 18 months.
National4744 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2372 USD per semester during 18 months.
- Online North Carolina Students: $233/credit hour.
- Online Out of State Students: $860/credit hour.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.