The Nanoscience and Nanotechnology program of Alfaisal University is materials-oriented with emphasis in materials chemistry, microelectronics, photonics, and their biomedical and energy applications. It offers a broad range of fundamental courses, e.g., fundamentals of nanoscience and nanotechnology, quantum mechanics and solid state physics. The program will introduce the students to cutting-edge research in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology and adequately train them on the latest research methods and techniques. The program is materials-oriented with emphasis in materials chemistry, micro-electronics, photonics, and their biomedical and energy applications. Tracks include Nano materials for Energy & Environmental Applications, and Nano medicine & Nano diagnostics. Both tracks are Thesis Option.
The graduate program in Nanotechnology is a joint multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary program of the following colleges: Science and General Studies, Engineering and Medicine. This program is open to students with an undergraduate degree in physical and/or life sciences, pharmacy, medicine and engineering.
Graduates from this program will have opportunities for employment in various fields including:
- Electronics/semiconductor industry
- Materials science including textiles, polymers, and packaging
- Auto and aerospace industries
- Medical fields and pharmaceuticals
- Environmental monitoring, control, and remediation
- Food science
- Forensics science
- Research and development
- Energy capture and storage
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Special Topics in Nanomedicine
- Biosensors & Lab on a Chip
- Nanoscience & Nanotechnology
- Renewable Energy Storage Systems
- Polymer Nanocomposites
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 5 other Masters in Biotechnology in Saudi Arabia
- Your Certificates & Transcripts must be certified by the Saudi Embassy in the country of your study
- Your Certificates & Transcripts must be evaluated & certified by the Saudi Ministry of Education
- You must pay the non-refundable seat confirmation fee of SR 500
- A bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution accepted by Ministry of Education (MOE) in related field
- English language proficiency
- Minimum One year Professional work experience in related field
- Applicant should provide two letters of recommendations
- On-campus Interview
- Students must provide a statement of purpose describing their academic interests and reasons for applying at the interview time
International25350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50700 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
National25350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50700 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- SAR 200,000 per full programme
Living costs for Riyadh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.