The Nanoscience and Nanotechnology program of Alfaisal University is materials-oriented with emphasis in materials chemistry, microelectronics, photonics, and their biomedical and energy applications. It offers a broad range of fundamental courses, e.g., fundamentals of nanoscience and nanotechnology, quantum mechanics and solid state physics. The program will introduce the students to cutting-edge research in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology and adequately train them on the latest research methods and techniques. The program is materials-oriented with emphasis in materials chemistry, micro-electronics, photonics, and their biomedical and energy applications. Tracks include Nano materials for Energy & Environmental Applications, and Nano medicine & Nano diagnostics. Both tracks are Thesis Option.
The graduate program in Nanotechnology is a joint multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary program of the following colleges: Science and General Studies, Engineering and Medicine. This program is open to students with an undergraduate degree in physical and/or life sciences, pharmacy, medicine and engineering.
Graduates from this program will have opportunities for employment in various fields including:
- Electronics/semiconductor industry
- Materials science including textiles, polymers, and packaging
- Auto and aerospace industries
- Medical fields and pharmaceuticals
- Environmental monitoring, control, and remediation
- Food science
- Forensics science
- Research and development
- Energy capture and storage
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Special Topics in Nanomedicine
- Biosensors & Lab on a Chip
- Nanoscience & Nanotechnology
- Renewable Energy Storage Systems
- Polymer Nanocomposites
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 3 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Saudi Arabia
- Your Certificates & Transcripts must be certified by the Saudi Embassy in the country of your study
- Your Certificates & Transcripts must be evaluated & certified by the Saudi Ministry of Education
- You must pay the non-refundable seat confirmation fee of SR 500
- A bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution accepted by Ministry of Education (MOE) in related field
- Above average GMAT, GRE score or an equivalent Graduate Quadrat Exam held by Qias Centre
- English language proficiency
- Minimum One year Professional work experience in related field
- Applicant should provide two letters of recommendations
- On-campus Interview
- Students must provide a statement of purpose describing their academic interests and reasons for applying at the interview time
International26650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53301 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National26650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53301 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- SAR 200,000 per full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.