These challenges are associated with various well-partitioned educational disciplines, from global product design and merchandising, and the management of supply and quality, to marketing and branding. Through this MA programme, graduates can integrate these forms of disciplinary knowledge and advance their own expertise, analytical skills and visions to a more sophisticated postgraduate level. Graduates are knowledgeable in innovative practices for today's textile and fashion business, and can effectively manage globally dispersed interacting business tasks.
Fashion and Textile Design at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is a mixed-mode programme with a requirement of 30 credits. There are two specialisms for selection: Fashion Merchandising and Global Fashion Management. Prospective students should have undergraduate majors in textiles and fashion (clothing), and textile-related management disciplines. Priority will be given to those candidates with substantial work experience in fashion and textile business.
- Intensive Seminar and Site Visits (New York)
- Intensive Seminar and Site Visits (Paris)
- Intensive Seminar and Site Visits (Hong Kong)
- Advanced Textile Processing Technology
- Clothing & Textile Materials & Processes
- Current Issues in Fashion Business
- Fashion Retailing
- Fashion Technology
- Information Technology for Textiles & Clothing Industries
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Retail Management Fashion Design View 3 other Masters in Fashion Design in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- As for the Master's degree or Postgraduate Diploma, the basic requirement is a Bachelor's degree from an institution that is recognised by PolyU.
- Applications will be considered on the basis of the information (such as academic achievements, professional qualifications and work experience) provided in the application.
- You may be required to attend an interview and/or test.
- Departments will consider applications on a rolling basis until places are filled.
- Some programmes will receive applications in two rounds
For the Global Fashion Management specialism, applicants are expected to have a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
International20670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 689 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 689 USD per credit during 12 months.
- HK$5,410 per credit for local and non-local students
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.