Clinical Psychology - Counseling Practice from Roosevelt University is designed for those who are interested in clinical practice at the master’s level. In Illinois (and many other states), completion of this program qualifies graduates to apply for licensure as a professional counselor (LPC, and later LCPC).
Graduates of the program can apply to become licensed professional counselors (LPCs) after graduating from the program, successfully passing the licensing exam, and meeting any other relevant requirements of the state in which they wish to become licensed.
- Career And Life-style Planning
- Chemical Dependence
- Basic Clinical Skills (With Grade B Or Better)
- Advanced Research Methods
- Biological Bases Of Behavior For Counseling
- Learn Bases Of Behavior For Counseling
- Professional, Legal And Ethical Issues
- Human Development
- Assessment In Counseling
- Theories Of Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Mental Health Practice In Settings
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Spring start date is only for Schaumburg campus.
- Priority: Fall - May 1, Spring - November 1.
- Final : Fall- June 15, Spring - December 15.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 1041 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- It is recommended that applicants have completed the following prerequisite courses with at least a 3.0 (B) average: general psychology, abnormal psychology, and research methods.
- $40 Application Fee
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities within the United States. Coursework completed outside the U.S. requires a Foreign Credential Evaluation to be submitted.
- Letter of Intent outlining your personal and professional goals, why you are interested in the program, and how it will help you achieve your goals. Also, please address how you became interested in a counseling career and what is it that you hope to accomplish as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
- English Language Proficiency: All international students and individuals who completed a degree program outside the United States are required to meet this requirement.
- Online Application
International22764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22764 USD per year during 36 months.
National22764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22764 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.