The master's degree in Space and Aeronautical Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia provides advanced training in the field of space systems and aeronautical engineering that is scientific, technical and practical in nature and will allow students to work towards a professional and/or research career in the aerospace industry. The master's degree is aimed graduates who will go on to seek employment in the aerospace industry or to pursue a research career in this field.
The master's degree allows students to plan their training and to focus their professional careers in the aerospace industry on areas such as space missions, space propulsion, aircraft propulsion, aircraft design, aircraft maintenance, fluid mechanics, materials research, airport infrastructure , air traffic management, wind energy, aerodynamics, civil engineering aerodynamics, automotive engineering and the design and civil applications of UAVs.
The training graduates receive will enable them to join R&D departments in the aerospace industry and related industries.
Generic competencies are the skills that graduates acquire regardless of the specific course or field of study. The generic competencies established by the UPC are capacity for innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainability and social commitment, knowledge of a foreign language (preferably English), teamwork and proper use of information resources.
- The ability to manage activities that involve projects and/or operations in which technology and organisation have interacted effectively and efficiently.
- The ability to plan, organise and control projects in the aerospace industry, especially innovation (R&D) and process improvement projects.
- The ability to develop and submit a research proposal according to the criteria of the international scientific community.
- The ability to analyse and synthesise cross-disciplinary aerospace knowledge applied to aeronautical projects.
- The ability to use knowledge of applied computational fluid mechanics appropriately in solving compressible aerodynamics problems.
- The ability to identify the laws of aerodynamics with regard to external flow and flight regimes and apply them in numerical and experimental aerodynamics.
- The ability to apply knowledge appropriately in processing large quantities of results of numerical calculations applied to analysis and design of aeroelasticity and aerodynamics.
- The ability to apply knowledge appropriately in the areas of advanced aerodynamics and aeroelasticity applied to analysis and design of aerospace structures.
- The ability to write a master's thesis and present and defend it to an examination committee.
- Airport Operations
- Space Propulsion
- Extension of Rocket Engines
- Internal Aerodynamics and Aeroelasticity of Turbomachines
- Extension of jet Engines
- Advanced Propulsion
- Business Management Airport
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
1. An official Spanish university qualification or an official university qualification issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that qualifies the holder for admission to a master's degree.
2. A qualification issued by a university in a country that is not in the EHEA. If the qualification has not been homologated, the UPC will verify that the course of study corresponds to a level of education equivalent to an official Spanish university degree and that the qualification obtained would provide admission to a master’s degree in the country in which it was awarded.
International4149 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4149 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2766 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.