The Information Studies - Data Science programme of the University of Amsterdam has been developed in collaboration with Amsterdam Data Science (ADS). Courses are taught by an international team of top scientists and experts from all collaborating institutions.
During this one-year Master’s programme in Data Science you will:
- delve into the main theories and tools used in the field of data science, and develop an integrated view on the latest developments and future possibilities of Data Science in society;
- learn how to translate scientific, societal, and business challenges into data-related questions, identify solutions that are methodologically sound, while taking the ethical and legal aspects into account, communicate results and make well-founded decisions;
- work together with an international group of students from a wide variety of educational backgrounds;
- conduct and evaluate data science projects in a broad range of domains.
- Fundamentals of Data Science
- Statistics, Simulation and Optimization
- Data Systems Project
- Applied Machine Learning
- Big Data
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 66 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Netherlands
- The track Data Science is open to applicants with an academic Bachelor's degree, and an affinity for data and technology. Students from various disciplines are eligible, such as: Artificial Intelligence, Business Studies, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Information Science, Information Studies, Media Studies, Psychology
- You have an overall grade point average (GPA) equivalent to at least: 3.0 (American system), 2.1 (a second class upper/division one degree in the British system), C (ECTS-system)
- Programming skills
- English language proficiency
International22880 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22880 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.