The Master of Science in Higher Education with an Emphasis in Higher Education Administration from Texas A&M University–Commerce provides students with a basic foundation in the discipline of Higher Education and is designed to prepare entry-level administrators for positions in colleges and universities.
The program includes nine courses (27 sem. hrs.) in Higher Education (the major) and three electives (9 hrs.). Students select these electives, with the assistance of the student's adviser, from the departments on campus that offer graduate coursework in disciplines that complement the coursework in the major.
The Master of Science in Higher Education with an Emphasis in Higher Education Teaching provides students with the basic requirements for teaching and is designed to prepare faculty for positions in higher education.The program includes six courses (18 hrs.) in the major (Higher Education) and six courses (18 hrs.) in a teaching field outside the department.
Students select this teaching field, with the assistance of the student's adviser, from the departments on campus that offer graduate coursework in disciplines typically taught in the region's community colleges.
- The courses for this program are available only online (no face-to-face courses). This program is not available to international students.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Courses included:
- Secondary Sch Curriculum
- American Community College
- Community College Curriculum
- Higher Ed & Law
- Philosophy of Education
- Introduction to Higher Education
- Analysis of Teaching in Higher Education
- Issues in Adult and Development Education
- Independent Study
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Domestic student applications are accepted throughout the year.
DisciplinesAdult Education View 108 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application plus fee is 50$ for domestic students and 75 for international ones.
- All official transcripts: bachelor's degree, including all transcripts, used towards a bachelor's degree; any master's degree transcript or transcripts with graduate coursework (if applicable).
- Official GRE/GMAT Scores.
- Bank statement from the sponsor. Must reflect a balance of at least $26,024.82 USD and must be less than 1 year old[.
- Official sponsor statement
- English Proficiency: Official TOEFL (IBT at least 79, or CBT at least 213, or PBT at least 550). Scores must be less than 2 years old, or
- IELTS (at least overall 6.00 band), scores must be less than 2 years old.
International14174 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14174 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National6578 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6578 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.