The programme is designed to equip students with the following professional skills:
- Computer Assisted Chinese Language Teaching
- Description of Chinese I: Words and Sentences
- Description of Chinese II: Sounds and Script
- Introduction to Chinese Culture and Classics
- Intercultural Communication
- Literary Theory and Modern Chinese Literature
- Methodology of teaching Chinese as a Second Language I
- Readings of Classical Literature
- Second Language Acquisition and Foreign Language Learning
- The Development and Implementation of School-Based Chinese Language Curriculum in Hong Kong
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Initial Registration Credits
- 3 for local students
- 6 for non-local students
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 23 other Masters in Language Studies in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution;AND
- Serving teacher/ teaching assistant of Chinese subjects of local schools.
Interviews may be arranged as deemed appropriate.
If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by institutions where the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the University’s minimum English language requirement for admission purpose.
International7872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 USD per credit during 30 months.
National5556 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 463 USD per credit during 30 months.
- HK$3,600 per credit for local students
- HK$5,100 per credit for non-local students
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.