Chinese Language and Literature programme at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is designed to equip students with the following professional skills.
- The ability to present complex ideas clearly and articulately in appropriate forms of Chinese;
- The ability to assimilate and analyse complex information in different genres or registers of classical or contemporary Chinese, identifying key issues and drawing well-reasoned conclusions;
- The ability to use reference books and information technology to obtain information needed for Chinese teaching and learning;
- The ability to appreciate and analyse works in Chinese literature;
- The ability to discover, analyse and handle issues in Chinese language teaching and testing; and
- The ability to analyse Chinese cultural tradition.
- The ability to assess current issues in literature or linguistic theories.
Lifelong Learning Capability
- Enhanced lifelong learning capability through inquiry and reflection on theories and practices concerned with language in both local and global contexts.
- Assessment for Learning in Chinese Language Teaching
- Chinese Language and Culture
- Chinese Language Education in Primary and Secondary Schools
- Chinese Lexical Semantics and Corpus Linguistics
- Computer Assisted Chinese Language Teaching
- Computer Tools for the Language Professionals
- Contrastive Analysis
- Cantonese Studies
- Chinese Language Testing
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 25 other Masters in Language Studies in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and/or in Hong Kong (SAR), please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- As for the Master's degree or Postgraduate Diploma, the basic requirement is a Bachelor's degree from an institution that is recognised by PolyU.
- Applications will be considered on the basis of the information (such as academic achievements, professional qualifications and work experience) provided in the application.
- You may be required to attend an interview and/or test.
- Departments will consider applications on a rolling basis until places are filled.
- Some programmes will receive applications in two rounds
International14260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 713 USD per credit during 18 months.
National12160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 608 USD per credit during 18 months.
- HK$4,780 per credit for local students
- HK$5,600 per credit for non-local students
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.