The prime objective of the China Development Studies programme from The University of Hong Kong is to educate students to become capable personnel for firms and institutions in private and public sectors that hold a strong interest in China-related business and development.
The programme provides an opportunity to local and international students for systematic training and independent research on development issues in contemporary China.
The curriculum includes Chinese economies, international trade and foreign direct investment in China, globalisation and spatial economic transformation in China, China's cultural and urban development, China’s public policies and regional development, climate change and environmental resources in China, cultural tourism, environment and sustainable development, sustainable urban and transport planning, tourism, land governance and development, and a field trip to China.
Moreover, a capstone experience component is included in the curriculum that provides the students with a platform to acquire research skills through the completion of a dissertation or directed project under the supervision of a designated teacher. The Contemporary China Seminar Series is also an integral part of the programme.
- The Chinese Economics: Location, Transformation, and Integration
- Urban China: Cultural Basis and Contemporary Issues
- Geography of International Trade and FDI in China
- China Field Trip
- Public Policies and Regional Development
- Globalization and Spatial Economic Transformation in China
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Development Public Policy View 14 other Masters in Public Policy in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to hold a bachelor's degree or its equivalent in an appropriate subject.
- The complete/up-to-date transcript(s) of your undergraduate and, if applicable, postgraduate study;
- Your personal statement, if any; and
- Your curriculum vitae (CV).
- In some cases, the Programme will email the applicants to ask for a clearer version of the documents.
International20396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20396 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National20396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20396 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.