This Accountancy programme at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is a flexible specialist programme providing a progressive and deepening understanding of major accounting issues for accounting practitioners and executives. The focus is on real world-related and contemporary academic studies, and practical applications. Two of the key elements are PRC accounting and the contemporary application of information systems in accounting.
- The programme adopts both a deepening and broadening approach in enhancing students' knowledge and skills. The deepening approach is adopted for most of the Core Subjects, whereas a mix of deepening and broadening approaches are applied to Elective Subjects.
- To obtain the MSc, students are required to complete 4 Core Subjects, 3 Elective Subjects and either a Dissertation or 3 additional Elective Subjects (30 credits).
- Those who are unable to complete the MSc programme may graduate with a Postgraduate Diploma upon completing 4 Core Subjects and 3 Elective Subjects (21 credits), or a Postgraduate Certificate upon completing 4 Core Subjects (12 credits).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Theory
- Applied Econometric Methods in Accounting & Finance Research
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting Information Systems
- Theory & Practice of Accounting in China
- Business Environment in China
- Contemporary Issues in Attestation & Assurance Services
- Contemporary Issues in Information Systems Audit & Control
- Contemporary Issues in Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- International Accounting
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Initial Registration Credits - 6
DisciplinesAccounting View 14 other Masters in Accounting in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- As for the Master's degree or Postgraduate Diploma, the basic requirement is a Bachelor's degree from an institution that is recognised by PolyU.
International19226 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28839 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National14419 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21629 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
HK$207,000 per programme (HK$6,900 per credit) for local studentsHK$276,000 per programme (HK$9,200 per credit) for non-local students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.