Help organisations with financial decision-making
Companies of any size continuously face financial decisions. The oft-stated primary goal of corporations is to maximise returns for its shareholders, but getting there involves thousands of possibilities. During the Corporate Finance (Finance) programme of the University of Amsterdam you explore such decisions at length. You will gain insight in the framework for corporate financial decision-making related to capital structure, valuation, funding, corporate restructuring (mergers and acquisitions) and corporate governance.
Do you have a sharp mind and a fascination with numbers and governance? Do you see yourself working with a bank or a consultancy firm? Then this is your track within the Finance master’s programme.
Graduates of the Master's in Finance/Corporate Finance track have excellent job prospects for positions as financial analyst, investment banker, consultant, controller, CFO, treasurer, financial director and financial expert with Dutch and international companies, such as:
- ABN AMRO Bank
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
- Corporate Governance
- Applied Financial Econometrics
- Empirical Methods in Finance
- Ethics and Professional Skills in Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Accounting View 20 other Masters in Accounting in Netherlands
- An academic Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Finance, or a degree in Business Economics, Economics or Business Administration with a specialisation in Finance or Real Estate Finance
- Eligible candidates must have at least 15 ECTS of: courses in finance. This should include: Investments, Corporate Finance, and Derivatives. Courses in econometrics (2nd or 3rd year course)
- Applicants with Bachelor's degrees in other areas must additionally have proven knowledge of: microeconomics, macroeconomics, accounting, mathematics and statistics at foundation-year level
- English language proficiency
- GMAT or GRE scores
- Upload a motivation letter and show personal initiative
International17295 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17295 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.