You will examine the consequences of environmental changes on both local and global economies and study international climate change governance.
Climate change governance
The Master's in Environmental Geography will begin with a broad coverage of all the key issues and will then focus on climate change governance – the causes and impacts, politics, policies and measures that can deal with climate change. This programme will examine the causes of climate change and will focus on the dynamics of energy and land-use challenges. It will also consider the impacts of climate change and focus on changing hydrological regimes and their effect on global biodiversity, food, water, livelihoods and infrastructure at local and global levels.
This programme focuses on the relationship between humans and their ecosystems. This is done by taking a strong spatial perspective and researching the impact of both global and local environmental change on humans.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- GIS – Geographical Information Systems
- Social Science research methods – both qualitative methods, quantitative methods, and mixed methods;
- Presentation and Communication – to pitch an idea or present research outcomes;
- Cooperation – to work in teams and evaluate the work of peers.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Sciences View 23 other Masters in Geography in Netherlands
- Students with a Bachelor’s degree in human geography (sociale geografie) or in another closely related discipline (such as sociology, cultural anthropology, political science, economics, bèta gamma and/or future planet studies provided it includes a major in human geography) are invited to apply, provided they meet all other entry requirements.
- International degrees are evaluated on the basis of advice from professional diploma evaluators. The minimum level of the degree should be equivalent to three years of Dutch academic education.
International16335 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16335 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.