Adult-gerontology clinical nurse specialists directly manage the care of adult-gerontology patients, including health promotion, symptom management, patient education and consultation.
They also advance nursing practice within their specialty and lead efforts to integrate evidence-based practices throughout the healthcare system. Clinical nurse specialists usually practice in hospitals or outpatient settings.
Graduates of the Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist program from Purdue University Northwest have a number of career options, including:
- Management of patient populations
- Leadership roles in nursing practice
- Internal and external consulting
AGCNS alumni are usually employed by hospital systems but may work in a variety of other healthcare settings.
- Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Pathophysiologic Concepts For Advanced Practice Nursing
- Health Promotion For Advanced Practice In Nursing
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Gerontology View 135 other Masters in Gerontology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Purdue University Northwest and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate program in nursing
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4 point scale or equivalent “B” average
- Current U.S. RN (Registered Nurse) licensure
- Evidence of successful completion of an introductory statistics course
- International degree-seeking applicants whose native language is not English must also meet Purdue University graduate school requirements
International7783 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7783 USD per year during 36 months.
National7783 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7783 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State5295 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5295 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hammond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.