To cater for the increasing demand for further specialisation, the curriculum has gradually been replaced by individual MSc(Eng) curricula since 1998. At The University of Hong Kong, the MSc(Eng) curriculun in Structural Engineering has been offered since 2002 to cater for the increasing demand for engineers with advanced education in Structural Engineering.
Students are required to complete 48 credits plus a dissertation (equivalent to 24 credits) to graduate.
Mode of Attendance
- Full Time (minimum one year, maximum two years, with classes mainly on weekday evenings and Saturdays)
- Part Time (minimum two years, maximum three years, with classes mainly on weekday evenings and Saturdays)
- Lectures of a few modules may be given during daytime of weekdays to suit mainly Full Time students. There are two semesters and one summer semester in an academic year.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 13 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Hong Kong (SAR)
- Comply with the University Entrance Requirements; and
- Hold a Bachelor's degree from The University of Hong Kong in Civil Engineering or related fields; or an equivalent qualification from another comparable university or institution.
International21800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21800 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5367 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- 42,100 HK$
- 171,000 HK$
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.