The Faculty of Engineering is one of the two founding faculties of The University of Hong Kong when it was first established in 1912. It is one of the largest comprehensive engineering faculties in Hong Kong. At The University of Hong Kong we offer a master degree in Geotechnical Engineering.
It encompasses most if not all disciplines of engineering and has a strong tradition of research in both traditional and novel areas. The Faculty has five departments: Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
Mode of Attendance
- Full Time (minimum one year, maximum two years, with classes mainly on weekday evenings and Saturdays)
- Part Time (minimum two years, maximum three years, with classes mainly on weekday evenings and Saturdays)
- Lectures of a few modules may be given during daytime of weekdays to suit mainly Full Time student. There are two semesters and one summer semester in an academic year.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Comply with the University Entrance Requirements; and
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from The University of Hong Kong or an equivalent qualification from another comparable university or institution.
International21800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21800 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5367 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- 42,100 HK$
- 171,000 HK$
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.