The Faculty is a member of the iSchools and we are the only institution in HK joined the iSchools as a member, along with other top-tier members such as University College London, University of California-Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The Library and Information Management programme from The University of Hong Kong
- can be completed in one academic year of full-time study or two but no more than four consecutive academic years of part-time study
- requires students to complete 60 credits in their studies. Over enrollment is not allowed. Full-time students should take no more than 24 credits in a term, while part-time students should not take more than 12 credits in a term.
- offers courses across three terms in a year
- schedules classes normally on weekdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and on Saturday mornings and afternoons at HKU campus. Some day-time classes will be held on weekdays.
The MSc(LIM) programme is professionally accredited by the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) of the UK.
- Leading and managing in the workplace
- Library and information science foundation
- Methods of research and enquiry
- Information resources and services
- Literature for young people in a digital age
- Digital collection
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Part Time: February 28
DisciplinesLibrary Science Educational Research Informatics & Information Technology View 26 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- comply with the General Regulations and the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula;
- hold a Bachelor’s degree of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose.
- In addition, a candidate who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English, shall satisfy the University English language requirement applicable to higher degrees as prescribed under General Regulation G2(b)
International21411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21411 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National21411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21411 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- HK$168,000 per programme
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.