It aims to provide students with a general understanding of education as a field of study and focused mastery of an area of specialisation, and to equip them with knowledge and skills to understand educational research.
Education graduates from The University of Hong Kong are actively involved in school administration, policy development, adult and vocational training, teacher education, curriculum development, classroom teaching, educational assessment and evaluation, and educational research both in Hong Kong and abroad.
Who should apply?
Education professionals from different backgrounds who would like to know more about education and/or develop a career in education.
The programme aims to enable students to:
- Demonstrate and communicate about up-to-date knowledge of an area of specialisation in the broader context of education
- Apply knowledge and skills to understand, critically evaluate and/or conduct educational research
- Engage in inquiry-based and evidence-informed practice in response to challenges and novel situations
- Reflect on important educational values such as social justice, equity and fairness in their own cultural and educational contexts, and enhance their advocacy skills for those values
- Adhere to personal and professional ethics when engaging in educational practices and conducting academic researc
- Educational issues and research
- Research project
- Professional portfolio
- Assessment in Chinese language education
- Psycholinguistic and the Chinese language learning process
- Chinese Reading Comprehension Instruction: Theories and Practices
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Linguistics View 16 other Masters in Education in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- comply with the General Regulations and the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula;
- hold a Bachelor’s degree of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose
- a candidate who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English, shall satisfy the University English language requirement applicable to higher degrees as prescribed under General Regulation G2
International21416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21416 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National21416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21416 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
HK$168,000 per programme
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.