The programme in Dental Surgery in Endodontics offered by The University of Hong Kong enables students to acquire knowledge of the relevant clinical literature, develop a scientific approach to problem solving, learn to assess scientific papers and develop advanced clinical-endodontic skills. A research project and dissertation will be required. The programme will provide a foundation for successful clinical practice or a stepping stone towards an academic career.
Teaching is undertaken by full- and part-time teachers of high calibre. Clinical training is done in the Multi-Specialty Clinic of the Institute for Advanced Dentistry and the Prince Philip Dental Hospital, in a setting fully equipped with surgical operating microscopes and the latest armamentariums for instrumentation, obturation and periradicular surgery.
A good working knowledge of periodontology, occlusion, implantology and prosthodontics to enable sound treatment planning will be emphasized. The curriculum lasts a minimum of 36 months, full-time, and may include courses in other related disciplines.
At the end of the course, a graduate will be able:
- to assess a patient's general and oral health, and formulate a comprehensive treatment plan, which might include components from other dental disciplines;
- to undertake the clinical procedures of Endodontics to a more advanced level than that expected of the undergraduate programme, and to have a knowledge and understanding of the relevant dental materials used;
- to treat patients requiring emergency and remedial dental care related to failed endodontic procedures;
- to be able to integrate theoretical and practical knowledge of the management of patients;
- to critically assess the scientific literature and manufacturers' advertising claims;
- to perform certain elements of Restorative Dentistry;
- to be proficient in providing clinical treatment under the surgical operating microscope or other magnifying aids; and
- to competently perform surgical periradicular procedures when appropriate.
More informationVisit official programme website
Mode of Attendance
- Full Time (three years)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDentistry View 10 other Masters in Dentistry in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BDS degree of this University or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of one year of working experience.
- Primary Fellowship preferred but not essential.
International21800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21800 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National5367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5367 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
- 42,100 HK$
- 171,000 HK$
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.